Welcome to the Rotary Club of Sugar House, Club #1085 in Rotary District 5420 (all of UT).
We have resources to help our new "Red Badge" members become Rotarians fully engaged in the spirit and action of Service above Self!
Several things to get you started on the right foot:
1. Go to our Club website - www.sugarhouserotaryclub.com. Please Bookmark it or save it to your Favorites.
This is where you will find the latest information about Club meetings (speakers, etc.), where to makeup a meeting, Club event details and signup, what's hot this week and photos of past meetings, etc. If you are asked to say a prayer at the start of the meeting, here are a few ready to use. Prayer ideas.
The website home page is updated at least twice weekly - so please make a new habit of checking to see what's going on and important.
2. Go to Rotary International's (RI) website - www.rotary.org - and Bookmark it/ save it to your Favorites. It's a great source for information about all things Rotary. Look around to see the tremendous content provided for members worldwide.
3. Visit the New Member pages.
Read the New Member Bulletin. This document has information and links to a wide variety of resources.
Here are a few initial suggestions from that document to help you engage as a new member:
• Come to lunch every week you can.
• Volunteer to serve on one or more club committees - speak to our Club President.
• Be the greeter at several meetings so you get to know all members by name.
• Sit with different people at each meeting so you connect with everyone in our club.
• Participate in our club’s service projects and, whenever possible, get your family involved, too.
• Make up a missed meeting at another club and bring some ideas back to our members.
• Attend the April District Assembly and May District Conference (locations vary each year) and get to know Rotarians from other clubs. You can find information on our home page (you already bookmarked it) and in the Club Calendar.
Scroll down this page to watch the excellent video overview "Getting Involved". Then read Rotary Basics.
4. Register for Member Access on the My Rotary Member Dashboard.
You can also signup for periodic emails with information about the committees you will work on and notifications of live training webinars and links to the recordings.
5. Talk to our Club President about committees to figure out which are of interest to you and who the committee chairs are. Then, signup for one or two and ask for an introduction to the chairs.
6. Ask our President and/or Membership Director who will be your Mentor.
Your mentor is a member (not necessarily your sponsor) who will help you learn the ropes and support you in moving from your Red Badge to your Blue Badge.
Read the Red Badge requirements here. They are designed to help you quickly learn about Rotary and our Club so you can feel connected and involved.
7. Ask questions! We were all new once and if you don't understand fines or something else in our meetings or culture, please ask! We are all here to help you enjoy Rotary and become a strong part of the Sweetest Club in All of Rotary!